RFPsThe SCC posts Request for Proposals/Bids ("RFP") on a regular basis. If your company is interested in bidding on any upcoming projects, please send your contact info to: Project Name: SCC 2024-01: 2024 Bridge Deck Work
- Description:The project is to repair 32 structures in the 2024 construction season. Work involves new deck overlays on the Stony Island Ramps (including joint and/or seal replacements) as well as joint and/or seal replacements and miscellaneous patching on multiple other structures located on the mainline of the Chicago Skyway.The SCC encourages “Early Contractor Involvement” so that the contractor is involved with and contributes to the important details of the project – particularly with regard to the Maintenance of Traffic. As such, the work will be done in a design-build fashion. The SCC has developed the design plans and specifications to a 30% level. The bridge repairs will follow IDOT standards. (The 30% plans have been developed in Microstation and CAD files will be provided to the selected Contractor.)
- Bid Due Date: September 29, 2023 at Noon (Central Time)
- Bid Documents:
- Skyway Concession Company, LLC
- Attn: Infrastructure Management
- 8801 South Anthony Avenue
- Chicago, IL 60617
- Email: email@example.com
Skyway Concession Company LLC (“SCC”) is committed to providing fair and representative opportunities for minorities, women and MBE/WBEs in all contracts related to the Skyway. Neither SCC nor its Contractors shall discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin in the award and performance of contracts related to the Skyway. Furthermore, affirmative action will be taken, consistent with sound procurement policies and applicable law, to ensure that MBE/WBEs are afforded a fair and representative opportunity to participate in the SCC’s contracts related to the Skyway.
Contractors for SCC must comply with Municipal Code 2-92-650 et seq. and are responsible for reading, understanding, and complying with the City of Chicago’s Special Conditions Regarding MBE Commitment and WBE Commitment in Construction Contracts, including use of all relevant reporting forms for purposes of this Project. Contractor’s attention is directed to the following link for detailed information on MBE/WBE certification, reporting, utilization, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination due to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.