Skyway respects your privacy. At all times we will strive to keep your personal information confidential. We will only collect, store, and use any personal information you provide to us for defined purposes and will share it only with companies who share our commitment to protecting your privacy and data. Please take a moment to read this Policy to learn how we handle your personal information. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Services.
This Policy is subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review the Policy regularly for any changes. Your use of the Services, or any portion thereof, following the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with additional notice of such changes by sending you an email at the last email address that you provided us, or by prominently posting notice of the changes on this website. If you do not agree with the changes we make to this Policy, please stop using the Services.
Normal Website Usage
When you visit Skyway’s website passively, you do so anonymously. During normal usage, we do not collect or store personally identifiable information such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or social security number.
However, we may collect certain technical information, which your web browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website on the Internet (or that is collected when you use a mobile application). Our servers automatically record this information, which may include Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, device type, advertising IDs associated with your device (such as Apple’s Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) or Google’s Ad ID (AAID)), the date and time of your request, and Uniform Resource Locators, or URLs (i.e., website addresses) visited prior to visiting and after leaving our website.
To collect this information, we use various technologies, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits.
- Clear GIFs: Clear GIFs, sometimes called "web bugs" or "web beacons," are small electronic images that are placed on a web page or in an email message. We use clear GIFs to monitor user behavior, deliver cookies, collect information, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell if a recipient has opened and acted upon an email.
- Log Files: Log files record website activity on our Services and enable us to gather statistics about our users' browsing habits. These entries help us determine (among other things) how many and how often users have accessed or used our Services, which pages of our Services they've visited, and other similar data.
If you prefer not to receive cookies from this website, set your browser to refuse all cookies. This will provide you with more control over the acceptance of cookies on your computer. However, it is possible that some portions of the website will not function properly or may perform more slowly if you choose to reject cookies. By using our website and not disabling cookies, you consent to their use.
We may associate the information we collect from these technologies with other personal information that you provide for the purposes described in this Policy.
Why and When We Collect Personal Information
We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity that asks for information (e.g., sending us an email, submitting a claim, setting up an E-ZPass account, submitting a resume, payment of a missed toll, or participating in a survey). If you choose not to participate in these activities, your choice will in no way affect your ability to use any other feature of the this website. If personal information is requested on the website or voluntarily submitted by you, Federal or State law may protect it.
Depending on the activity, the types of personal information that you provide may include:
- your first and/or last name;
- email address
- telephone number;
- address (including billing address and/or shipping address);
- credit card or other payment information; or
- other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide.
Non-personal information you may also provide includes your birth date, gender, company name, and job title. When you provide this information at the same time as you provide certain personal information (e.g., your name or other contact or identifying information), we may combine these data points. Standing alone, these pieces of non-personal information we collect cannot be used to identify or directly contact you. However, when we combine your non-personal information with your personal information, it may become personally identifiable (e.g., first and last name combined with birth date).
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you reference someone in your claim or add someone to your transponder account. We will use this information to respond to or fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us.
For Minors Under the Age of 13
Skyway Services are not intended for minors under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect, maintain, disclose or otherwise process personal information of such minors. If we find out that we have collected information from a minor under the age of 13, we will delete that information immediately.
What We Do with Personal Information Provided by You
We use personal information collected through our Services for the purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on or in connection with our Services. Skyway may employ third-party companies to perform services or functions on our behalf. These companies may require access to personal information in order to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Skyway will retain the data collected only as long as it is useful or necessary. Payment information provided by you is encrypted until payment has been processed and is subsequently deleted.
For example, we may use your information to:
- Send you advertising or promotional materials, including information about new services, contests, features and enhancements, special offers and other events of interest;
- Operate and improve our Services, including by linking or combining your information with other information we get from third parties;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor performance of the Services, overall usage of the Services and user retention rates, track how users are engaging, identify which website features are least and most utilized, identify problem areas within the websites, and inform design development for future application updates; and
- Carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
Skyway has established policies in an effort to protect your personal information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. For example, Skyway strives to provide only those employees performing a legitimate business function with access to users’ personal information. Skyway also reviews its security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods.
Skyway retains your information for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our Services. Skyway will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time.
Despite our efforts, please be aware that no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. To that end, Skyway will notify users of a data breach when Skyway determines that is reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable law.
Audio and Video Surveillance
For the safety of our customers and employees, vehicle assistance, employee performance monitoring, property security, incident reporting, claim processing, toll payment verification/collection, customer service support and training, and other reasons, Skyway engages in audio and video surveillance on its toll road. Surveillance locations include: toll booths, customer service intercoms, the control tower, the tower office, and the road itself. Surveillance recordings are maintained according to Skyway’s record management policy. By driving the Skyway, you acknowledge and consent to these practices.
Skyway analyzes our Site logs to continually improve the value of the materials available on our website. Our website logs are not personally identifiable. When a visitor requests a page from our website, our web servers automatically recognize that visitor's domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our website. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate and we do not collect and evaluate this information for specific individuals. Our web servers do not automatically record email addresses of the visitors.
This Site contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact Skyway.